Ragi is a whole grain that is gluten-free and a popular staple in India. It is rich in fiber that helps with weight loss and diabetes. It’s packed with calcium, good carbs, ammino acids and Vitamin D and A.
Its an ideal for infants and growing toddlers. We can always find ways get these nutrients filled grains to the kids.
Please follow for recipe below.
- 1 cup dry roasted ragi or finger millet flour
- 1/2 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup jaggery (small pieces)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3-4 tbsp milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- almonds (optional)
How to make:
1. Place the pan on the stove on medium low. Add butter and jaggery. let the jaggery melt in the butter and switch off the flame. Please note that you don’t have to cook the jaggery. This process is just to melt the jaggery in the butter. Let it cool.
**Note: If you have jaggery powder, you can use 3/4 cup, directly in mixing the batter, no need of this step.
3. In a mixing bowl, add ragi flour, wheat flour, cocoa powder and baking powder.
3. Add vannila essence, milk, butter jaggery mix and mix it all.
4. Make a dough and rest it for 10 minutes. But keep in mind,
do not knead it too much.
5. Make small balls, flatten them a bit and place them on the baking tray. Place 1 almond on each cookie. This batter can make 16 cookies.
6. preheat the oven on 180 degrees and bake the cookies 12- 15 mins.
Cookies are ready! Store them in air tight container.
Here is a video to make you understand the recipe better.
Hope you enjoyed this recipe!
Please like, comment and share your experience with making this recipe.
2 thoughts on “Ragi cookies | finger millet cookies – No sugar and vegetarian recipe.”
Ragi is a super food. These cookies look yum. Thank you for sharing the recipe.
Thank you so much for the feedback. hope you enjoy making them!