This classic lasagna is made with an meat sauce as the base. Layer the sauce with pasta sheets and cheese.
Lasagna is something you can enjoy with your whole family and a perfect dish the feed the crowd wgen friends anf familt comes over!
You can freeze it or reheat the leftovers and it still amazing and good to go.
This recipe is easy and you will get delicious result if you follow the instructions step by step.
let’s just jump to the recipe!
- Pasta sheets
- Mutton mince – 200 grams
- Readymade marinara sauce – 1.5 cups
- Oregano herbs – 1 Tsp
- Pepper powder – 1 Tsp
- chili falkes – 1 Tsp
- chopped garlic – 3-4 cloves
- oil – 3 Tbsp
- salt to taste
- Butter – 50 grams
- All purpose flour – 4 Tbsp
- Milk – 1/2 cup
- Pepper powder – 1/2 Tsp
- Oregano herbs – 1/2 Tsp
- Salt to taste
- Parsley – handful chopped.
- Cream cheese – 1 cup
- Cooking cream – 200 ML
- Mozzarella cheese – 200 grams or as much needed.
HOW TO MAKE LASAGNA:
Prepping pasta sheets:
- In a pot or vessel, pour some water and salt and till it’s hot but not boiling.
- Put pasta noodles in a vessel and pour hot water and let it soak for 30 mins.
- This technique works for me and gives me enough time to prep meat sauce and cheese sauce simultaneously with worrying about noodles.
Making the meat sauce:
- In a pan, add oil, mutton mince, onion and cook for 5 mins.
- Add pepper powder, chili flakes, oregano herbs, chopper garlic, salt and cook for 5 mins.
- Add store bought readymade marinara sauce and cook it more 5 more mins and the meat sauce is ready.
Making cheesy sauce
- In a pan, heat the butter, add all purpose flour and mix well.
- Add milk and mix till there are no lumps.
- Add pepper powder, salt, oregano herbs and chopped parsley.
- Add cream cheese and cooking cream and mix well
- Cook for 2 mins till the sauce is thick and creamy.
Assembeling the lasgana
- In a glass casserole Start with the meat sauce, so that the pasta does not get burn while baking. Spread it well in the bottom.
- Next, arrange the pasta sheets according to the size of the sheets you have got, (2 or 3). A layer of meat sauce, cheese sauce and top it with mozzarella cheese shreds.
- Repeat this step 4 more times.
- In the 4th layer, skip the meat sauce. This will give the lasagna a bit of a bite and a brown crust.
- Cover the casserole with aluminum foil.
- Preheat the oven at 180 degrees and bake it for 25 mins.
- Remove the foil and bake at 250 degrees for 5 more mins. This will give the lasagna a brown top crust.
Here’s the video of the recipe:
- Don’t overcook your pasta. We have to bake them, so over cooking can lead to soggy lasagna.
- Don’t bake for too long.
- Lets it cool for 20-30 mins before cutting into it. it take a bit of time for the layers to set in.
Rate this recipe:
Hope you enjoy making this recipe. Please like, comment and share your thoughts with baking experience.
Follow me on my social media: INSTAGRAM
You might like: