What’s better than teaching out children about saving money and spending it wisely?
Saving money is one of the most important life lessons for every individual. That is why it should be taught from an early age.
My main motto to teach my child is to save first, spend a little and give some charity.
I made this Vintage Post box piggy bank which was very common in India. We can still find some on the streets. This DIY made me nostalgic and emotional too, reminiscing the childhood days. I want to teach my son about my childhood and what my mother taught me while growing up. And this DIY is a good start.
Let’s just start making!!
- Pringles box or any other chips brand of same shape.
- Acrylic Paints
- Pair of scissors
- Black foam chart sheet.
How to make the Piggy bank
- Take the lid the box and carve out the small piece from the center with the help of the cutter. It should be as big that the coins can go in.
- Paint the whole box and lid with red paint and leave it to dry.
- After its dried up, paint the 1/4 bottom part with black paint and leave it to dry.
- Now take the Plain black craft sheet (I have used self adhesive, You can use normal one and use glue) and cut 1 piece of 3 inches X 1.5 inches. Stick it just above the black paint.
- Cut one one piece from black sheet of 1 inch X 1.5 inches. Stick it above the bigger piece.
- The Piggy bank in ready to use.
Here’s the video of the DIY:
Rate this DIY:
You might like:
- Welcome to LIVE SOFIABULOUS!
- 15 Interior Design software to enhance CAD skills
- 20 Happiness quotes to make your day.
- Chicken and creamy sauce pasta recipe
- 10 bittersweet romantic fiction everyone should read.
- 10 beneficial foods you can eat post pregnancy
One thought on “DIY post box piggy bank for kids from pringles box.”
LikeLiked by 1 person