Who doesn’t love tikkas and BBQ, especially juicy tender chicken tikkas!?
As I have mentioned many times, chicken is my favorite protein to cook. It goes well with so many ingredients and is creative to cook.
This recipe might be common but it differs from person to person, I have shared some q ingredients which will make it more fancy and restaurant-like. Trust me, try it and you won’t regret it.
Malai tikkas are creamy, full of flavors, rich in taste! you just cannot stop at one bite.
Let’s start the recipe:
- Chicken drum-sticks – 1 KG
- Cream cheese – – 2 TBSP
- Cooking cream – 1/4 cup
- Green chilies – 5 to 6
- Cashews – 5
- Pepper powder – 1 TSP
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 TSP
- Lemon juice – 1 TBSP
- Corn flour – 1 TBSP
- kasuri methi – pinchful
- Salt to taste
How to make chicken malai tikka:
- In a mixing bowl, add cream cheese, cooking cream, pepper powder, ginger garlic paste, salt and crushed kasuri methi.
- Take green chilies, cashew and make paste. Add it in the mixing bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients well.
- Take the chicken drumsticks and make small slits. This step ensures that the marination goes deep.
- Add chicken in the mixing bowl and mix well.
- Let it marinate for minimum 1 hour or over night.
- So, there are few ways to cook the tikkas. You can shallow fry them, or barbeque out side on charcoal and grill them, in this recipe I have done in the oven.
- Prep the oven tray by laying alluminuim sheet and oilng it with butter or ghee.
- Preheat the oven on 200° celcius, and grill the chicken for approximately 40 mins.
- Serve hot with mint chutney or any of your favorite dip.
Here’s the video of the recipe:
Rate this recipe:
SUBSCRIBE to my YOUTUBE channel.